Most people think the best way to find your ring size is to go to a jewellery shop and have a jeweler measure your finger, but in reality, you can find your ring size in the comfort of your home. Whether you want to buy yourself a ring online or plan a big engagement surprise for your loved one, there are three ways to measure the size of your finger at home.
Before doing the ring size measurement, it is essential to consider your knuckles before measuring. It would be best to slide the ring through your knuckles, so consider it when measuring your ring size at home. It would be best if you also thought that the finger size changes when there is a change in temperature, physical exercise, weight changes, and medication.
When you doubt your size, it is best to go a height higher than lower.
Method 1: Paper Strip Method
Things you need:
- thin strip of paper
How to measure:
- using a thin strip of paper, wrap it around your finger and ensure that the form is placed below the finger and close enough to your knuckle.
- Mark the area where the paper strip meets, then use the ruler to measure the distance.
- The number closest to the pen mark is the ring size in inches.
Method 2: String Method
Things you need:
Cut a string that is 6 inches long.
Wrap the string around the base of the ring finger, slightly below the knuckle.
Use the pen to mark the string where it ends.
Lay the string on the ruler with the area marked on your right.
The number close to the pen mark is the ring size in inches.
Method 3: Existing Rings Method
Want to get the ring size of a loved one without letting her know? You can use one of the rings worn by your loved one. Wear the ring until the point where it stops. Measure the area between the upper edge and lower edge of the ring. You can use these measurements to get a ring size.
If an existing ring fits, it can be used to measure the exact size. If you need to know the precise size in numbers, you can use a print chart included in this blog. Place the ring over the circles and choose the size best suits the call.
Method 4: Ring Sizer Method
If you’re worried about one of the above two strategies not guaranteeing accuracy, you can purchase your ring-measurement tool. They don’t tend to be expensive, and there are many options online, so you don’t have to leave your house to accomplish this step.
Do's and Don'ts in Measuring Ring Size at Home
- Do not measure fingers in cold weather as the coldness in temperature shrinks the fingers.
- Consider measuring the finger at the end of the day to ensure the temperature has settled down - not too cold or hot.
- If you have two sizes, it is best to choose a larger size.
- Measure the size of your finger three to four times to ensure you're getting an accurate measurement.
- Fingers can swell when taking some medications or if the person is pregnant. So make some adjustments accordingly.
A ring is a symbol of love and loyalty and an investment you must consider. Find the right size, just like finding your right fit.
It’s not just a ring; it’s your personality. Wear Celtic pieces that represent your entirety TODAY!